Saturday, August 23, 2014

solved power problem

Visited Nicole. Said I heard she had had some power problems. Yep.

This time, the power connector on the side panel was loose. Turned out the outer hex nut had come loose. In addition, the female jack connectors had shift back and up, behind the metal plate, making cable disconnecting difficult. Sheesh.

I removed the panel, loosened the board, realigned the RJ connectors, secured the panel, and finally tightened up the hex. Did a test run (while the StarSense controller was attached). Hey! No RA movement. Re-seated the connectors and all was fine. Bolted it up.

So, I had fixed Nicole's mount, again. Told her about stuff built on Mondays...

No comments: