Sunday, June 17, 2012

poppin' fuses

After a battery (sorry) of tests, we found that the Koolatron power supply in the GBO was no longer up to snuff. With the 2 additional dew heaters installed, the system wanted over 5 amperes. And that was the maximum rating of the output fuse in the cooler/heater supply. No wonder we were popping them. Fortunately, I discovered 2 spares taped inside the case. Dietmar and I agreed that a new supply was needed. I made a note to get a 10 A Pyramid. And this will become the new power unit for the NexStar!

I sent a note to the supervisors updating them. And advise that they use an alternate power source in the meantime. I was using my marine deep cycle battery at the moment.

No comments: