Thursday, December 01, 2011

Stellarium repaired on Linux

I learned that the latest version of Stellarium (0.11.1) was available for Ubuntu Linux but the Software Centre had to be tweaked a little to use a Personal Package Archive (PPA). But after I upgraded from 0.10.5, and started the app, it froze. I tried to completely remove all traces of the software unsuccessfully. But then it occurred to me that maybe something in the user profile was messing it up. I deleted the hidden user folder .stellarium and reinstalled. And it was good!

Just as the Moon started peeking in my window...

No comments: