Hopefully they'll approve it. Certainly it is simple, cheap, easy to use, and effective.
Forwarded some random thoughts as well:
- this is for the big binoculars at the CAO for the ToV event in June
- a form core design with two sheets and solar film sandwiched is very inexpensive and easy to build with off-the-shelf supplies
- foam core panel oversized to block sunlight for observer at oculars
- clips to be taped to binoculars body to prevent accidental removal
- solar film to be taped and glued between foam core sheets
- warning labels on front and rear of foam core
- finder scope will be removed to prevent accidents
- Geoff Gaherty is sending me a spare piece of solar film
They liked it!